Sunday, June 28, 2009

Names and Veins

Things SHOULD begin settling down around here. I'm back from Seattle. Kyle's back from backpacking in the Uintahs. Plus (hallelujiah!!) Kyle is back to working only 40 hours a week. We are grateful he had the work and the overtime during such a difficult time, but we're ready to have Daddy back.

We are definitely having another girl and we're really excited. Kyle declared that since I named our other three children (though not entirely true because my sister suggested two out of the three) he would get to name this one. I laughed aloud and told him he knew perfectly well that he wasn't naming the baby. He has a tendancy to come up with some very 'interesting' names. He then told me that he already had a name picked: Juliet. I was pleasantly surprised. I like it and it fits in with the other kids' names. So there you have it. Though the jury is still out on a middle name. I like Ester. Or maybe Sophia. What do you think?

Scarlett starts kindergarden the end of August. She has afternoon class with Mrs. Carter. I was dissappointed about not having morning at first. Then I thought about getting up and getting her ready in the middle of winter early in the morning with a new baby and I'm really coming around to the idea of afternoon. I think it'll be great. I'm still debating on whether I'll attempt to do the choir at the school next year. We'll see. It'll be a lot of work, but I already have some great ideas and I just don't want to turn it over to just anyone. If I can get all the music planned and the script written before the start of the school year, I might just be able to pull it off.

One little thing I've got to vent about before I finish up. I have a HUGE varicose vein in my right leg (I can't really describe the grossness of it) and it turns out that I have a clot (no worries!!!! It's in a superficial vein and there's very little danger of it going anywhere that would be harmful). It's just really annoying. I get to wear very sexy support hose all summer now. I'll have one tan and one very white leg by the time this baby's born. I'm glad that I had it looked at though. I'm also grateful that there are thigh high supports that will keep me functioning this summer. Finally I'm grateful that they don't strip veins anymore. Look it up. It's pretty gross.

5 comments:

family said...

I think Juliet Sophia has a nice ring to it. . . and yes, support hose are VERY sexy

Eichmeiers said...

hey, i like the name Juliet, that is cute, sophia is a cute middle name! congrats!! and ive had to wear those stupid hose' for my knee surgeries, i hate them, good luck with it:)

BerlyCrow said...

Ditto the other two comments. I'm loving the middle name Sophia!

Kenzie said...

That is a cute name!!! I like it!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry about your veins! I'm sure that isn't fun. I hope that it gets better very soon after you have little Juliet. I am very excited for kindergarten. I can't believe that they have all of these kids that know each other in the same class. I hope that they are good for Mrs. Carter! I'm wondering if they will regret the decision to put all of these kids that have so much fun together. You make such a great pregnant lady! Always so positive.